Friday, January 15, 2010

Exercise in style

Original
Once upon a time, the numbers of apartments and the numbers of people raising animals at those apartments were increasing. Jamie just moved into a new apartment that has a regulation of not bringing any pet into the apartments. For reason being, residents raised their dogs and cats secretly. Jamie’s next door neighbor was well-known as reporting residents who raised pets at home. Because of him, nine families were already thrown out of apartments.
Although Jamie knew that there was a regulation of not bringing the pet into the apartment, she had to bring a dog name Princess, because Jamie raised her for more than four years. She considered Princess as her family and have never thought about not having her in the house. For, she raised her very quietly. One month later, Jamie's sister came back from London that caused trouble. Princess started shaking her tails and barking at Jamie's sister with joy. Because of her barking, Jamie's next door neighbor complained to the landlord. The landlord came into Jamie's house and told them to kick out the dog or else leave the house. Unfortunately, she had to let Princess go.

Litotes
Jamie moved into a new apartment with her dog, Princess. Although this apartment had a regulation of not bringing pet into the house, she had no choice of bringing her in because Princess was like her family. Unfortunately she had to give her dog to another person due to complaints. Although she felt very mournful, it was okay for her because Princess liked the new owner.

Cross Examination
Did Jamie move in new apartment?
- Yes
Can apartment residents cannot raise animals?
- Yes
Does Jamie have an animal?
- Yes
What kind of animal does she have?
- Dog!
Who reports Jamie’s dog?
- Next door neighbor
Why does Jamie’s dog bark?
- Because of Jamie's sister's come back.
Why does Jamie give her dog to another person?
- Because Jamie gets complains from the next door neighbor that made her to kick Princess out.

Realization
was i to kick Princess out?
was i to kick Princess OUT?
was i to kick Princess out?
was i to KICK Princess out?
was i TO kick Princess out?
was I to kick Princess out?
WAS i to kick Princess out?

The Subjective Side
I moved into an apartment not long ago. According to my parents, there was a regulation that we had to follow that we couldn't bring a dog or a cat into my house. However, I conveyed my parents with tears. I told them that I couldn't live with out my dog, Ivy, because she's our family. Therefore, we decided to raise Ivy very quietly and secretly. One day, I was heading out to meet my friend but I forgot to bring my cell phone so I went back into my apartment to get it. When I came out, Ivy followed me outside. The landlord saw the dog and exhausted. I haven't noticed if Ivy came out of the house. The landlord started to scream at me saying who's dog it was. I couldn't ignore it because she was my family. After that, we got a warning saying that if we don't remove the dog within a month, we will be kicked out of the apartment. Therefore, we had no choice of giving her to another person. Very sad.. :'(

4 comments:

  1. I liked the subjective side to this story because it shows a person's true feelings and emotions about being forced to give their dog away. It made me think of my dog and how awful I would feel if all the sudden I couldn't have her anymore. I would have to find a new place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the Cross Examination, because I'm kind of a get in your face & let's get some answers type person. It showed and felt like a definite question & answer setting between two people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how this story was very descriptive and you put all your feelings. Crossing examination, sometimes we can get the answer and questions confused but you gave us the definite question and answers. I have 3 dogs and just having a thought about giving them away, kills me. =[

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your original story and the other styles that you have written. It brings my memory back from the early age when I had a dog. I raised dog for several times but I had to let them go because of some reasons. Thanks for reminding the flashback for me!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete