Saturday, January 23, 2010

Response for Will O' The Wisp

I believe that drug use and suicidal are the main points in this novel. The main character in Will O' The Wisp, Alain, is described as drug user who loves women and has money. He has nothing to lose but his life. Pierre Drieu la Rochelle perfectly describes one may decease after having all he/she wants in life. Also, he reveals the story very realistically so readers can feel as if they are actually in the scene.

There are many teenagers who are addicted to drugs these days, especially in high school years. One of my friends, who used to be a class president of my grade and valedictorian, was addicted to drugs after extracting with bad influences. Fortunately, the school did not find about it; however, he started to change a lot. He started not to attend school regularly and start to hang out with the bad influences more and more. This led him to fall into disaster. He forced him out of the positions of class president and valedictorian. I believe that this shows abandonment of life. Although study is not everything in life but it is the foundation of life. Because of drug use, he fell from top to bottom. This can be related to the main character in Will O' The Wisp. It doesn't specifically tell the readers about Alain's before life but the readers can assume that he was once a good boy. The only reason why he wanted to commit a suicide was because of drugs, women, and money. I personally believe drug took the major role of his suicide. Drug use held his foot from living a life to death. This gives the lesson to the readers that drug use will ruin one's life horrendously; therefore, it should not be used.

In conclusion, the use of drugs will disrupt one's life as well as others. One would not realize how bad it is until they see what is actually happening to him/her. Also, Pierre Drieu la Rochelle gives a good point that one having everything he/she wanted might take away the hope to live his/her life.

1 comment:

  1. I like your response how you are relating the drug usage to suicidal. It's very relevant. I've seen many people like that so I strongly agree with you!

    ReplyDelete