Hadas Avisar
4050 N 49th Ave
Hollywood, FL 33021
Havisar1@binnghamton.edi
305-401-6760
Jerusalem Post
The Jerusalem Post Building,
PO Box 81, Jerusalem, 91000 Israel
To whom it may concern,
My name is Hadas Avisar, and I am currently a senior at SUNY Binghamton University. I am working towards a Bachelor degree in Fine Arts with a concentration in graphic design. I am interested in interviewing for a job as a graphic designer with you at the Jerusalem post. I believe the Jerusalem post would be an ideal place for me to pursue a career as a graphic designer wile contributing to the Jerusalem Post’s outstanding reputation.
I have a number of experiences, which can illustrate my capabilities as a graphic designer. My internship as a layout designer for the school newspaper along with my classes have developed my eye for aesthetics and keen attention to detail. I was also able to acquire a fluency in both the Hebrew and English language by living in both Israel and America for equal amounts of time.
My previous work experience ranges from retail to kitchen management, which can show my ability to work well in any environment and calmly deal with the pressure and tight schedule of a newspaper.
I truly believe that the Jerusalem Post will be key step in the right direction and that in time I too can greatly contribute to the newspaper.
Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
Hadas Avisar
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's great that you mentioned your fluency in both Hebrew and English- it's a strong selling point. Good cover letter! The only thing I might suggest is that you explain more why you want to work for the Jerusalem Post (details like why they inspire you or something).
ReplyDeleteVery nice Hadas your resume was very good and I have seen your art work you will get the job.
ReplyDeleteYou have a good cover letter, you get mention your interests in the company and to be a graphic designer. As well, it's nice that you hilighted your bilingual quality. I would read over it though and proofread some more, you have some missing words, dropped letters in there. But other than that, nice job!
ReplyDeleteYou were very good at listing the qualities and skills that would qualify you for your job but I think you should also express more of your interest or should I say your "passion" for the job. Rather than saying that you would be good for the job, you may also want to portray that the position at the Jerusalem Post is your first choice, one that you highly desire.
ReplyDeleteGood cover letter. You do a good job describing your abilities that would make you an ideal candidate for the job. Perhaps, highlight a little more exactly the responsibilities you have had in the past. I also agree with Karen about explaining your passion for the job, but still strong well written cover letter.
ReplyDeleteGood letter. In the first paragraph, I think you skipped over the word "Post" a few times without capitalizing it. Also, you may want to include somewhere why you want a job for this particular paper. Aside from that, good job on showing how and that you're qualified.
ReplyDeleteAleksandra Vileshina
Good letter. The only thing I would have expected to see was more about why you want to work at the Jerusalem Post specifically. Kind of along the lines of what Karen said, about why they inspire you, and also what Karen said about why you want to work at Jpost over any other newspaper.
ReplyDelete