Sunday, January 17, 2010

Cover Letter

Bum S. Choi
500 Plaza Drive APT 201
Vestal, NY 13850
philchoiii@gmail.com
516-640-7540

[Company Address]
To. Whom It May Concern,
I would like to first introduce myself as a student at the Binghamton University, pursuing M.S. in Computer Science. My expected graduation is May 2011. I am currently seeking for internship/full-time valuable organizations like yours.

Throughout my high school career and addition to my college careers, I had strong-willed mind and passion for pursuing a job in Computer Science fields. The major curriculum in this field are Database Systems, Data Structure, Software Engineering, and Networking. Have experiences in programming with my own style and also with the colleagues from beginning to end. Also, have experiences in setting up networks for multiple businesses.

The skills that I inform in areas of programming languages are Java, C, and C++. And addition to that, as mentioned above, Database Systems and Software Engineering which acquire working with other colleagues.

I have enclosed my resume and would appreciate an opportunity to talk with you. If there is any questions, please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely

Bum S. Choi

5 comments:

  1. It's good that you stated what your specialties are and the experiences that you have posted. Also, I like the formats! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you list everything you know. For a first impression, I was impressed and if I were an employer, I'd definitely continue on to read your resume.

    Aleksandra Vileshina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short, but not without value. It contains a lot of information and skills that I think most employers are looking for today. Especially knowing Javascript; rare skill these days. Although, i dont think you need to put in the point of having your resume enclosed. I'm sure they expect it already, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also comment on how your C++ skills can be used to further emphasize how you can benefit the firm/position you intend to apply for. Additionally, why do you like programming? and what challenges does it provide for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. In addition to Brian's comment, why do you want this position? What will you gain from it? If you can, you should write examples when you have applied these skills.

    ReplyDelete